Did you Know…
- Sharks have around 40 sets of teeth in their lifetime, compared to our two.
- The world’s oldest recipe for toothpaste is from Egypt in 400 AD. The formula included mint, salt, grains of pepper and dried iris flower.
- In medieval Japan, white teeth were considered ugly. Women used roots and inks to stain their teeth black, which they felt was much more attractive.
- Just like our fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different. It is also the only muscle in our body that isn’t attached to something at both ends.
- In 1994, a prison inmate in West Virginia braided floss into a rope, scaled the wall and escaped.